American Home Builders – Bellevue, WA
AHB’s mission is to continue as a recognized leader in the construction industry providing exceptional quality, value and integrity through organized leadership and teamwork!
AHB is a regional multi-family construction company that builds in 14 states and has been in business for 30 years.
We have an opening for a Superintendent who provides direction and oversight of work performed on the jobsite by various work crews and subcontractors. The Superintendent establishes expectations and collaborates with others to address issues of jobsite safety, constructability, and performance to the established schedule and project plan.
- General Management
- Provide general direction and oversight to the safe performance of work that meets required quality standards and the established time and scope in the project plan.
- Identify root cause of hazards, delays, poor quality, and other jobsite issues. Develop solutions and plans that mitigate future risk to the project.
- Assess and address performance issues with jobsite work crews under AHB’s direction and address performance issues with subcontractors.
Planning and Scheduling
- Develop the site plan including; public safety measures; site security; truck routing (inbound and outbound); crane selection and location and hoist selection and location when applicable; plan and develop logistics for and overall personnel and material movement within the site.
- Develop and maintain labor projections including field supervision and AHB employed trades people. Identify labor and skills required and participate in the selection and staffing of jobsite roles and responsibilities.
- Establish and maintain regularly scheduled daily and weekly project team meetings as appropriate for the project.
- Lead and motivate members of the project team to compete all phases of work within the schedule and parameters established.
- Build and maintain relationships with the project owner, architect, inspectors, subcontractors, and suppliers.
- Negotiate, develop and establish commitments from others on the project.
The ideal candidate will have strong relationship building skills, excellent planning and project management skills, and the ability to prioritize priorities and lead others. The right candidate for this job will have demonstrated success leadership and interpersonal skills with a wide variety of individuals and groups, including clients, subcontractors, individual employees, jobsite teams, and company executives. Multi-family construction experience is required. Must be willing to travel.
Position Requirements: Minimum of 7+ years direct experience in multi-family construction with expert level knowledge in means and methods of construction. Must have demonstrated analytical skills, problem solving abilities, and be effective at building collaborative relationships. Proficiency with MS Office.
AHB is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive compensation package including 401(k) and insurance benefits.
To apply, please click here.