American Home Builders needs a Project Manager for Multi-Family Construction!
Qualified candidates must have experience managing large scale Multi-Family construction projects within the last 10 years and must be willing to travel due to multi-state job locations. Main responsibilities include managing subcontractors and suppliers, cost monitoring, and scheduling.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Bidding to include: quantity take-offs and estimating all labor and materials, including material suppliers and sub-contractors; procuring the lowest competitive bids for all aspects of construction the assigned projects; contacting all utilities, city, county and other appropriate agencies to determine required fees and/or charges for the project.
- Planning to include: working with scheduling department to establish the project schedule and update the project schedule weekly, Develop building by building tower schedules for the entire assigned project and update weekly; supervising the Project Superintendents in scheduling sub-contractors and material deliveries to complete the project.
- Organizing to include: identifying problems or potential problems as they relate to the organization of the job; prioritizing tasks to provide a smooth flow of progress throughout the project; supervising the tasks and responsibilities assigned to employees and subcontractors; making frequent visits to the project site, verifying that the site is organized and clean, and that satisfactory progress is being made in order to meet the established schedule milestones.
- Supervising to include: directing with authority the Project Superintendents and being accountable for the entire project; negotiating and writing all sub-contracts; implementing material processing; tracking all costs incurred; review all time sheets submitted; problem solve with architects, engineers, and local authorities.
- Documentation to include: writing and signing all Purchase Orders, change orders, and backcharges; monitoring sub-contractors agreements and providing written notices if they are not meeting the terms of their commitments.
- Quality Control to include: assuring all procedures and workmanship meet AHBI standards; verifying that the required inspections are made by the appropriate governing authorities; inspecting and noting deficiencies that need correction prior to unit inspection by the owner; making sure all requirements are met at close-out of project, and that permanent occupancies are obtained from the governing Building Department.
- Communication to include: The Project Manager is responsible to verify that the Project Superintendent(s) under his direct supervision regularly update the Total Project Schedule and the Individual Building Tower Schedules, ensuring that the onsite schedule documentation is kept current.
- Safety and Security to include: verifying that the project has a complete inventory of tools on file and that the tools are being maintained; enforcing the Company Safety and Security Policy and Procedures on the project site at all times.
Skills and Requirements
- Candidates must have 10 years’ experience managing large scale Multi-family construction projects
- Computer skills required: Primavera for scheduling and Microsoft Office applications for documentation and reporting.
- Individuals must possess leadership abilities, be capable of problem solving, and exhibit strong verbal and written communication.
We offer competitive salaries and full benefit packages including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, paid holidays and vacation, advancement opportunities. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. The candidate will have to pass a drug and criminal background screening.
To apply, please click here.