American Home Builders needs a Project Engineer for Multi-Family Construction!
We are seeking qualified candidates who have a minimum of 2-5 years’ experience managing large scale Multi-Family construction projects. Main responsibilities include managing subcontractors and suppliers, cost monitoring, and scheduling.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Bidding to include: assist in procuring the lowest competitive bids for all aspects of construction on the assigned projects; contacting all utilities, city, county and other appropriate agencies to determine required fees and/or charges for the project.
- Planning to include: assist in preparing and updating all assigned project schedules (including scheduling sub-contractors and material deliveries to complete the project), budgets and other tasks as directed.
- Organizing to include: assist in identifying problems or potential problems as they relate to the organization of the job; prioritizing tasks to provide a smooth flow of progress throughout the project; overseeing the tasks and responsibilities assigned to employees and subcontractors.
- Documentation to include: assist in writing Purchase Orders, Back-Charges and Change Orders; monitoring sub-contractors agreements and noting problems and providing explanations.
- Quality Control to include: assist in assuring all procedures and workmanship meet AHBI standards
- Safety and Security to include: assist in verifying that the project has a complete inventory of tools on file and that the tools are being maintained; enforcing the Company Safety and Security Policy and Procedures on the project site at all times.
Skills and Requirements
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Products (include computer programs specific for this job)
- Bachelor’s degree in related field and 2-5 years’ relevant experience preferred. A combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Individuals must possess strong leadership abilities, problem solving, and strong verbal and written communication skills.
We offer competitive salaries and full benefit packages including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, paid holidays and vacation, advancement opportunities. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. The candidate will have to pass a drug and criminal background screening.
To apply, please click here.