American Home Builders – Bellevue, WA
AHB’s mission is to continue as a recognized leader in the construction industry providing exceptional quality, value and integrity through organized leadership and teamwork!
AHB is a regional multi-family construction company that builds in 14 states and has been in business for 30 years.
We have an opening for a Lead Superintendent who provides direction and oversight of work performed on the jobsite by various work crews and subcontractors. Ideal candidates will have solid experience planning, supervising and coordinating projects. Must be able to schedule and focus on individual tasks simultaneously, be a good problem-solver, and be computer literate. This is a Lead Superintendent role which includes working alongside the team to deliver quality projects on schedule, within budget and with safety as a main priority.
- Manage day-to-day activities to meet project milestones and ultimately meet or beat project completion date.
- Take actions to deal with the results of delays, bad weather, or emergencies at construction site
- Create short-interval look-ahead project schedules to ensure upcoming events are communicated, tracked and are being proactively attended to
- Manage and look ahead no less than 3 weeks to proactively identify issues that could lead to problems and facilitate a solution.
- Report all project delays to the Project Manager and propose solutions with minimum impact to the project schedule
- Maintain daily and weekly logs of construction progress
- Obtain and document all inspections and ensure quality of work prior to each inspection
- Maintain jobsite safety, health and cleanliness
- Verify all work is installed in a good workmanship level
- Daily inspection of construction site to monitor compliance with building and safety codes, and other applicable regulations.
- Study job specifications to determine appropriate construction methods
- Ensure project documentation and reports are complete
- Attend all necessary jobsite meetings, whether onsite or offsite
- Manage the punch lists and close out of the project
- Review all submittals and RFI’s to ensure timely and accurate responses and execution
- Handle complaints, settle disputes, and resolve grievances and conflicts as required
Planning and Scheduling
- Develop the site plan including; public safety measures; site security; truck routing (inbound and outbound); crane selection and location and hoist selection and location when applicable; plan and develop logistics for and overall personnel and material movement within the site.
- Develop and maintain labor projections including field supervision and AHB employed trades people. Identify labor and skills required and participate in the selection and staffing of jobsite roles and responsibilities.
- Establish and maintain regularly scheduled daily and weekly project team meetings as appropriate for the project.
- Lead and motivate members of the project team to compete all phases of work within the schedule and parameters established.
- Build and maintain relationships with the project owner, architect, inspectors, subcontractors, and suppliers.
- Negotiate, develop and establish commitments from others on the project.
Skills and Experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in NEW CONSTRUCTION for multi-family, wood framing, or hotel builds
- Ability to understand plan specifications, scopes of work, and other necessary construction documents to ensure job is completed as expected.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to effectively communicate with governing agencies and inspectors.
- Advance knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods
- Thorough knowledge of building codes and safety standards is essential.
- Ability to plan and organize a team effort.
- Capacity to motivate, lead and boost morale of the teams
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Effective time management and logical decision-making ability
- Ability to handle pressure
- Strong focus on quality
- Recent working knowledge and competence of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, Word, and MS Project
AHB is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers a competitive compensation package including 401(k) and insurance benefits.
To apply, please click here.