American Home Builders is a part of a well-respected full cycle real estate development company specializing in the construction of multi-family, senior living and assisted living construction projects. We are currently seeking a foreman who has proven experience in leading construction projects such as multi-family, senior living, and assisted living construction projects.
Acting under the supervision of the Project Manager, the Foreman is responsible for planning, organizing, supervising, quality control, security, safety procedures and performing labor as needed on the assigned job sites, as well as accurate communication, detailing the daily progress and bringing attention to potential problems. Further, the Foreman is to conduct all business in a professional manner, and operate in the best interest of the company (AHBI) at all times, aware of cost containment without compromising quality.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Planning to include: project, sub-contractor, and material scheduling, as well as employee job task scheduling, and ordering, or assisting with ordering all materials to complete the project.
- Labor to include: Interior demolition of countertops, cabinets, flooring, plumbing fixtures, electrical fixtures, trim materials, doors and hardware. Interior installation of plumbing fixtures, electrical fixtures, doors, hardware & trim. Ability to safely operate power tools is required.
- Organizing to include: identifying problems or potential problems as they relate to the organization of the job; prioritizing tasks to provide for a smooth flow of the project; assigning tasks and responsibilities to the responsible sub-contractor or employee. Maintain redline set of project as-built drawing as required. Maintain city approved drawings and all plan revisions as required.
- Supervising to include: Coordination with project manager to complete all aspects of the project, including construction and clean up; directing the time management of each employee, including sub-contractors, at all times being open to problem solving.
- Quality Control to include: verifying all materials received on the project as those specified and ordered, and that they arrived in good condition; inspecting all work done by our employees, making sure that it is done to acceptable standards, taking appropriate corrective action when warranted to maintain established company Quality Control Standards; calling for all required inspections by appropriate authorities at the required stages, and inspecting all work done by sub-contractors, noting any substandard material or installation and notifying the sub-contractor and the Project Manager. Identification of problems or questions concerning specifications and plans
- Communication to include (as applicable): maintaining the Daily Log Book, Phone Logs, SWPPP Maintenance Log, Safety Orientation Log, weekly Safety Inspection Report, weekly Site Photos, weekly Superintendents Report as well as working with the project manager to maintain the on site Total Project Schedule, Individual Building Schedule, Tower Schedule and/or Rolling 4 Week Look Ahead Schedule in an accurate and consistent manner; maintaining accurate daily records for hourly employees; completing Percentage of Completion forms when requested; providing written documentation to the Project Manager relating to any potential problems on the assigned projects.
- Security and Safety to include: being responsible for all job site tool inventory and maintenance, following the company Safety Policy and Procedures, and securing the project, including all on site materials. Overall responsibility for enforcement of AHBI safety policy and procedures
- Meetings Responsible for enforcing compliance with weekly safety meetings by all subcontractors and AHBI employees if required, and running weekly subcontractor scheduling meeting
- Material and Subcontract Purchasing (as applicable). Estimate quantities, obtain pricing and complete draft purchase orders for misc. materials needed following buy out. Research subcontractors and negotiate pricing in conjunction with project manager for misc. subcontracts needed following buyout.
- Temporary Labor. If utilized, manage on site temporary labor. Responsible for checking labor in and sign time cards at the end of the day. Update AHBI labor tracking spreadsheet daily. Labor tracking spreadsheet to be e-mailed to construction accountant each Friday. Copies of all temporary labor tickets and/or AHBI labor timecards are to be included in the weekly Fed Ex packet to the construction accountant.
- Goals include: completing the entire project on time or ahead of schedule, and in or under budget; maintaining the established Company Quality Standards.
We are seeking a candidate with a minimum of 5 years’ experience on construction projects.
Experience as a Foreman required to be considered for this position.
AHB is an Equal Opportunity Employer and offers competitive salaries and full benefits packages including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, paid holidays and vacation, and advancement opportunities.
To apply, please click here.