Assistant Project Manager
American Home Builders needs an Assistant Project Manager for Multi-Family Construction!
We are seeking qualified candidates that have experience with project engineering and/or managing large scale multi-family construction projects within the last 6 years. Must be willing to relocate to the Seattle, WA area, and must be willing to eventually travel due to multi-state project locations. Main Responsibilities include helping manage subcontractors and supplies, cost monitoring, and scheduling.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / TASKS (including But Not Limited To)
- Bidding to include: Learn quantity take-offs and estimating all labor and materials, including material suppliers and sub-contractors; procuring the lowest competitive bids for all aspects of construction the assigned projects; contacting all utilities, city, county and other appropriate agencies to determine required fees and/or charges for the project.
- Planning to include : working with scheduling department to establish the project schedule and update the project schedule weekly, Develop building by building tower schedules for the entire assigned project and update weekly; supervising the Project Superintendents in scheduling sub-contractors and material deliveries to complete the project.
- Organizing to include: Helping to identify problems or potential problems as they relate to the organization of the job; prioritizing tasks to provide a smooth flow of progress throughout the project; supervising the tasks and responsibilities assigned to employees and subcontractors; making frequent visits to the project site, verifying that the site is organized and clean, and that satisfactory progress is being made in order to meet the established schedule milestones.
- Supervising to include : Helping to direct with authority the Project Superintendents and being accountable for the entire project; negotiating and writing all sub-contracts; implementing material processing; tracking all costs incurred; review all time sheets submitted; problem solve with architects, engineers, and local authorities.
- Documentation to include: Helping to write and sign all Purchase Orders, change orders, and back charges; monitoring sub-contractors agreements and providing written notices if they are not meeting the terms of their commitments.
- Quality Control to include : assuring all procedures and workmanship meet AHBI standards; verifying that the required inspections are made by the appropriate governing authorities; inspecting and noting deficiencies that need correction prior to unit inspection by the owner; making sure all requirements are met at close-out of project, and that permanent occupants are obtained from the governing Building Department.
- Communication to include: Good team communication with the Project Superintendent(s) to regularly update the Total Project Schedule and the Individual Building Tower Schedules, ensuring that the onsite schedule documentation is kept current.
- Safety and Security to include: verifying that the project has a complete inventory of tools on file and that the tools are being maintained; enforcing the Company Safety and Security Policy and Procedures on the project site at all times.
Skills and Requirements
- Candidates must have 6 years’ experience managing large scale Multi-family construction projects
- Computer skills required: Primavera for scheduling and Microsoft Office applications for documentation and reporting.
- Recent working knowledge and competence of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, Word, and MS Project
- Individuals must possess leadership abilities, be capable of problem solving, and exhibit strong verbal and written communication.
- The ability to effectively communicate with governing agencies and inspectors.
- Advance knowledge of construction management processes, means and methods
- Thorough knowledge of building codes and safety standards is essential.
- Ability to plan and organize a team effort.
- Capacity to motivate, lead and boost morale of the teams
- Competent in conflict and crisis management
- Effective time management and logical decision-making ability
- Ability to handle pressure
- Strong focus on quality
We offer competitive salaries and full benefit packages including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401k, paid holidays and vacation, advancement opportunities. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. The candidate will have to pass a drug and criminal background screening.
To apply, please click here.