Since 1986, American Property Development, Inc. (APD) has been acquiring parcels of raw land and developing them into multi-million dollar assets. Our 81 current and completed developments include apartment complexes, condominium developments, retail space, mid-rise buildings, and garden-style apartment communities.
We are a local, family owned and operated company, and we have been in business for over 30 years!
We are looking to add an Architectural Drafter to our growing team!
Ideal candidates will have 3-6 years’ experience and/ or a B.S. of Architecture or similar. Knowledge of AutoCAD and MS Office is required. Proficiency with AutoCAD and /or Archicad software is preferred, but will consider a candidate who can ramp up quickly. Experience with BIM programs and 3D modeling a plus!
GREAT ROOM FOR GROWTH!!
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES / TASKS
- Produce Construction Documents of high quality using the REVIT/BIM system. Explore additional capabilities of the system, identifying areas applicable to our current work. Control access to original drawings and architectural files to assure easy access by authorized personnel.
- Generate preliminary site plans from criteria provided by the Owner that respond to the topography, survey and legal description, and local jurisdiction development standards.
- Review of grading and drainage plans for compliance with company established requirements and procedures.
- Coordinate with outside consultants including but not limited to, local architects, building departments, fire department, engineers, and surveyors.
- Produce and review scopes of work and request for proposals for consultants.
- Monitor work performed by outside consultants to assure timely completion of all work performed.
- Comply with all ADA requirements.
- Perform quality control plan reviews.
- Read and analyze all local and state zoning codes. Produce a summary memo on findings for Owner, Development Manager, and Supervisor.
- Produce construction drawings in a timely manner and in accordance with project schedules.
- Review all consultants’ drawings for accuracy prior to distribution to other companies and/or submission to permitting or approval authorities.
- Promote teamwork with co-workers as well as outside consultants and entities to achieve timely completion of all work in accordance with Project schedules.
- Visit project sites on a regular basis to observe the progress of construction and prepare reports of site visits including relevant photographs.
- Support the construction process by timely response to RFI’s, review of submittals, processing approved change orders, and monthly draw requests.
Required Experience and Skills
- Minimum 3 years of experience in a drafting role. Preferably in multi-family, or hotel builds
- Ability to understand plan specifications, scopes of work, and other necessary documents to ensure job is completed as expected and BIM software is preferred, but will consider a candidate who can ramp up quickly.
- Excellent communication skills.
- The ability to effectively communicate with governing agencies and inspectors.
- Advance knowledge of architectural processes, means and methods
- Thorough knowledge of local and state zoning codes and safety standards is essential.
- Ability to plan and organize a team effort.
- Capacity to motivate, lead and boost morale of the teams
- Effective time management and logical decision-making ability
- Ability to handle pressure
- Strong focus on quality
- Recent working knowledge and competence of Microsoft Office, including Outlook, Excel, Word, and MS Project
- Proficiency with AutoCAD and BIM software is preferred, but will consider a candidate who can ramp up quickly.
Position located in Bellevue, Wa
To apply, please click here.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of and will not be discriminated against on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, race, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability status, genetic information or any other protected category.
Candidates selected for hire must be able to pass a pre-employment/ post hire drug screen and background check.