Since 1986, American Property Development, Inc. (APD) has been acquiring parcels of raw land and developing them into multi-million dollar assets. Our 79 current and completed developments include apartment complexes, condominium developments, retail space, mid-rise buildings, and garden-style apartment communities.
We are a family owned and operated company, looking to add an Architect to our growing team! We are looking for an individual that has experience designing Multifamily Apartments and Senior Assisted Living projects.
The candidate must have 5-7 years’ experience and a B.S. of Architecture. Knowledge of AutoCAD and MS Office is required. Proficiency with AutoCAD LDD and WaterCAD software is preferred.
Must be licensed or willing to become licensed!
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Produce Construction Documents of high quality using the ARCHICAD/BIM system. Explore additional capabilities of the system, identifying areas applicable to our current work. Control access to original drawings and architectural files to assure easy access by authorized personnel.
- Generate preliminary site plans from criteria provided by the Owner that respond to the topography, survey and legal description, and local jurisdiction development standards.
- Review of grading and drainage plans for compliance with company established requirements and procedures.
- Coordinate with outside consultants including but not limited to, local architects, building departments, fire department, engineers, and surveyors.
- Produce and review scopes of work and request for proposals for consultants.
- Monitor work performed by outside consultants to assure timely completion of all work performed.
- Comply with all ADA requirements.
- Perform quality control plan reviews.
- Read and analyze all local and state zoning codes. Produce a summary memo on findings for Owner, Development Manager, and Supervisor.
- Produce construction drawings in a timely manner and in accordance with project schedules.
- Review all consultants’ drawings for accuracy prior to distribution to other companies and/or submission to permitting or approval authorities.
- Promote teamwork with co-workers as well as outside consultants and entities to achieve timely completion of all work in accordance with Project schedules.
- Visit project sites on a regular basis to observe the progress of construction and prepare reports of site visits including relevant photographs.
- Support the construction process by timely response to RFI’s, review of submittals, processing approved change orders, and monthly draw requests.
Position located in Bellevue, Wa
To apply, please click here.